Awesome Almond Cheesecake
A raw vegan stunner – this one!
This is a stellar recipe for a gluten-free cheesecake that’s luscious, creamy and simply amazing!
This raw vegan cheesecake is so incredibly pretty, it is most certainly a top contender in the raw cheesecake category oh wait….perhaps also in the raw vegan dessert category! A gorgeous almond chocolate crust topped with the most divine velvety blended to perfection cashew filling, beautified with soft brown swirls made from Chocolate Almond butter, truly make this one of the tastiest and prettiest cakes ever!
Trouble finding Chocolate Almond Butter ? Simply replace Almond butter with this DIY Nutella by adding some water to thin it down and make swirls for a similar effect.
Treat yourself to this amazing no-bake, only freeze cheesecake and continue your love affair with raw vegan desserts!
Up for a decadent gluten-free dessert this weekend?
Serves: 9-12 bars
- 2 heaping cups raw whole cashews (10 oz, 280g)
- ¼ cup sliced almonds or 2 heaping tablespoons almond butter
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup raw agave nectar (or maple syrup, 120 mL)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup water (236 mL)
- For the swirl: 6 oz jar Rawmio Chocolate Almond Butter (a ½ cup) mixed with 3 tablespoons water (or you can eliminate or use another chocolate spread)
- 3 heaping cups sliced almonds, not whole (11 oz, 310 g)
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao (18 g)
- 4½ tablespoons raw agave nectar
- pinch fine sea salt
- Add almonds and cacao to a food processor and pulse into fine crumbs. Add the agave and pulse again until mixture clumps together and holds it’s shape when pressed together between your fingers. Take an 8×8 square pan, spray with nonstick spray and line with plastic wrap hanging over the sides for easy removal later. The spray helps the plastic wrap from moving. Press the mixture evenly around with your fingers, not forgetting about the corners. You can add a little cacao powder to your fingers to help it not stick.
- If you do not have a high powered blender, then simply soak the cashews for 5 hours in a bowl covered with room temperature water. Drain, rinse and then proceed with the recipe.
- Add all filling ingredients (except the chocolate almond butter) to a high powered blender and blend until smooth and creamy, a couple of minutes.
- Pour over the prepared crust.
- Mix the chocolate almond butter with 3 tablespoons water until smooth. Drop spoonfuls all over the cheesecake and pull with a knife to make swirls. Do not overdo it or you will lose the swirl effect.
- If desired, add almonds, cocoa nibs, shaved chocolate or chocolate chips on top.
Note: cocoa nibs aren’t very sweet, so taste them before placing them as a topping, to make sure you want to use them. Place in the freezer for several hours or overnight until firm. Let sit at room temperature about 10-15 minutes before trying to remove the cheesecake with the plastic wrap. You should be able to pull it out with the plastic wrap after it has sat out a bit. Then slice and serve. Cover with foil and return to the freezer to keep it firm.
If looking for a Food Processor, Your Search Might Over.
CHECK THIS OUT: Cuisinart DLC-10SY Pro Classic 7-Cup Food Processor, White
If looking for a Blender, We Love This One:
Vitamix 5300 Blender, Black
Special Thanks to Vegan 8 and Brandi for posting this. All pictures are from that post and adapted to fit this site’s format.