Rosey Nutty Raw Cacao Bars
Craving a healthy chocolate treat?
A simple healthy treat recipe is just what one needs right? Yeah right…..and this recipe is just that and more!
An exotic mix of flavors nutty, fruity and floral combine with raw cocoa to make the most sublime dessert. These rose water infused bars made by combining majestic macadamia nuts, wonderful walnuts and dried sour cherries to add some tartness and texture, with cacao butter and cocoa . Chocolate pairs really well with rose flavors and what you’ve created is a wonderful healthy treat for a special someone.
Cacao has antioxidant boosting effects apart from contributing in lowering bad cholesterol and high blood pressure. It is also known for its antidepressant benefits, so this treat is bound to make you happy! It’s a treat that tackles those sweet cravings and cheers you up too!
Indulge yourself with this treat – happiness guaranteed!
- 1 cup of cacao butter (liquefied)
- 1 cup of 100% pure maple syrup
- 2 scrapped vanilla beans
- 1 tablespoon of rose water
- ½ teaspoon of flakey sea salt
- 1 cup of cacao powder (sifted)
THE ROCKY FACTOR:
- ½ cup of walnuts, ground in food processor to a rough meal
- ½ cup of chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 cup of dried sour cherries
THE ROSE FACTOR:
- Dried rose petals to sprinkle
- First, make the base chocolate. Blend the first five ingredients of The Base together till smooth and creamy, then add the cacao powder and give a final blitz.
- Now, add the Rocky. Pour the base into a large mixing bowl, and stir in all the Rocky ingredients.
- Finally, make it pretty. Pour the mixture into an 8 inch pan, lined with baking paper. Sprinkle dried rose petals and let set in the freezer for an hour before serving.
Special Thanks to Ascension Kitchen for posting this. All pictures are from that post.