Adorable Pink Hearts
This is just what you’ve been looking for – something sweet, small, pink and adorable, right? Right! Throw in healthy, raw vegan and here you have it. A perfect V-Day special.
This amazing recipe combines strawberries and cashew nuts to make the cutest, tastiest fudge. Cashews, coconut flour and coconut oil blend to make the fudge soft ’n creamy and strawberry puree for the prettiest pink color, set in the freezer and that’s it!
Feel free to switch strawberries with raspberries, maple syrup with agave -flexibility is the rule of the game here.
Show your love with these hearts-pink n pretty.
Makes: 45 Hearts
- 6-8 large strawberries, hulled – blended to make approx 140ml strawberry puree
- 6-8 tbsp raw maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- (optional) 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 8 tbsp coconut oil
- 80g cashew nuts, soaked for at least an hour or 80g cashew butter
- 2 tbsp raw coconut flour
- In a high powered blender, blitz the strawberries to create a puree. You should end up with approx 140ml – it doesn’t have to be exact. Mix in the maple syrup and (optional) vanilla extract.
- Pour in the coconut oil and cashew butter (or cashew nuts, soaked and dried) and blend until a smooth milkshake-like mixture is formed. Add the coconut flour and blend again until thickened. Taste and adjust sweetness, if needed.
- Spoon the mixture into a chocolate mold or ice cube tray and leave to set in the freezer for at least 30 minutes. When it’s ready, the fudge should pop out of the mold without crumbling or sticking.
- It can be stored in the freezer for up to a couple of months. Or be kept in the fridge for a slightly softer texture for a few weeks.
Special Thanks to Wallflower Girl’s Plant-based Kitchen and Aimee for posting this. All pictures are from that post.