Beautiful Burgundy Beet Salad
A seriously unbeatable beet Salad
Have a bite of this salad and non-believers become believers and believers stay devoted – this is the magic of this salad. This gorgeous purple crimson salad is just perfect choice for the ones going the vegan and healthy way!
This pretty plant-based side dish is simple to execute with minimal ingredients. Crispy fresh beet shreds, garnished with a tangy citrus dressing, sprinkled with fresh chives and that’s it!
Beets are packed with vitamins, minerals, iron and are low in fat. A super food with amazing curative properties. Treat liver disorders with this simple root or suppress certain cancers, lower cholesterol and prevent constipation and so much more. No wonder beets are considers the titan in the kitchen!
Go Ahead and Try This Delightful Beautiful and Delicious Salad!
- 3 medium to large beets, peeled and trimmed*
- 1 valencia orange with zest
- 1 lime with zest
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup chives, minced
- Shred beets and add to bowl. Add zest and juice from entire orange. Add zest and juice from lime to taste (this amount is subjective).
- Add olive oil and toss to combine. Add salt to taste and toss to combine.
- Add chives just before serving.
* use the food processor grater to avoid staining everything in the kitchen
** The grated beets can be dressed and kept in the refrigerator, covered well, for a couple of days. They become more tender but don’t lose their texture, and the mixture becomes even sweeter as the beet juices mingle with the citrus. Toss again before serving.
Special Thanks to The Self Proclaimed Foodie and Krissy Alory for posting this All pictures are from that post.