Best Gluten-Free Buns Ever!
Raw Vegan Buns – It Doesn’t Get Better Does It?
This recipe is going to put all those doubts about raw vegan bread completely to rest. It’s simple to execute and the outcome in one word is ‘ awesome’! These healthy buns are soft and light and the best part is that you don’t feel bloated or full after treating yourself to one or even more!
This recipe demands adding extremely nutritious flax, chia and sunflower seeds, almond meal and oat flour to the blender to make the ‘dough’. All you’ve got to do is to give the buns a shape before letting the dehydrator do its job! A few hours later, you’ve made yourself perfectly seasoned, flavorful buns which have a low GI and are high in fiber and proteins.
So if you’re diabetic, or watching your weight or gluten intolerant, do try out this recipe and guess what friends, you’ll happily conclude that you can still have your bread and eat it too!
Happy baking the raw vegan way!
- 1+ 1/2 cup almond meal
- 3/4 cup ground sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp ground chia seeds
- 1/4 cup flax seed meal 3/4 cup oat flour
(grind the whole almonds, flax seeds, chia seeds, sunflower seeds and gluten-free rolled oats into fine flour by using a high speed blender and it’s dry jug)
- 2 tbsp raisins paste (blend 1/4 cup raisins with 1/4 cup filtered water until smooth)
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 3 tbsp filtered water
- juice of 1/2 lemon 1/8 tsp
- Combine all the ingredients in the food processor fitted with the S blade and process until well combined.
- Divide the mixture into 3 equal portions, use about a handful dough per buns and now, start forming small buns.
- Place in the dehydrator and dehydrate at 140°F for 2 hours.
- Decrease heat to 115°F and continue to dehydrate for about 8 hours.
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge for 3-5 days. Before eating warm them up in a dehydrator.