Best Raw Breakfast Bowl!
A great, gluten-free breakfast.
Breakfast needs to be stress-free, nutritional and adequately power-packed to kick-start the day. This simple to make recipe is just that – full of healthy goodness, light and tasty, and makes for a perfect start to a long day.
Check out this GORGEOUS GREEN SMOOTHIE
Crispy apples and soft gooey dates are blended with cinnamon and nutmeg to create the most divine smelling apple-date mixture that forms the base of this wonder breakfast. Chia seeds are added to this mixture to soak up some of this goodness before adding walnuts, hemp seeds raisins and cranberries and that’s it really! Your breakfast is ready to be enjoyed.
If you prefer to reduce the sweetness, just leave out the raisins or add more apples. Explore your options by switching walnuts with other nuts or sprinkle with flax seeds or substitute cranberries with goji berries! Create your own wonder bowl that’s perfect for you.
Here’s to a great raw vegan start to your day!
- 3 honeycrisp apples, peeled and cored, divided
- 4-5 medjool dates, pitted
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- raw walnuts
- dried cranberries
- hemp seeds
- Finely dice one of the honey crisp apples and add to an airtight container.
- Take two of the honey crisp apples and cut them into large pieces. Add the apple pieces to a food processor along with the dates, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Pulse the mixture several times and then let it process for 2-3 minutes, stopping occasionally to scrape the mixture down the sides. Pour the apple-date mixture into the container with the diced apple and stir in the chia seeds.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Divide the apple mixture between two bowls and top with raw walnuts, raisins, cranberries, and hemp seeds.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Looking for a Food Processor? Here are some ideas:
- Cuisinart DLC-10SY Pro Classic 7-Cup Food Processor, White (great all rounder)
- Hamilton Beach 70725A 12-Cup Stack and Snap Food Processor (good value for money)
- Vitamix 5300 Blender, Black (this one’s an awesome blender)
Find out more of 6 Raw Vegans who have Definitely Turned Back the Biological Clock!
Special Thanks to Blissful Basil for posting this. All pictures are from that post.