Coconut Lemon Thyme Cheesecake
Very Vegan, Very Raw And Very Delicious with Coconut, Lemon and Thyme- a marriage of flavors set on a heavenly crust!
This amazing recipe is a departure from the usual raw cheesecake, as it contains no cashew nuts, the commonly used vegan substitute for raw cheesecake filings. Pine nuts are used as a perfect substitute for cashew nuts along with coconut butter to that give the creamy filing its wonderful silky texture and subtle sweetness.
Pine nuts pair wonderfully with lemon thyme and coconut to that impart a fresh tropical flavor and amazing fragrance to this delightful decadent dessert.
Pine nuts are used in this recipe as a number of people are allergic to cashew nuts. However, those of you who prefer cashew nuts, feel free to substitute pine nuts with cashew nuts and enjoy this easy to make raw, vegan, gluten free goodness on a plate!
Drool inducing right? Exactly……go satisfy that cheesecake craving right away.
Ingredients you’ll need for this recipe:
Crust SERVES 6-8
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup unsweetened, dry coconut
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar or liquid sweetener of choice
- Pinch Himalayan Salt
- Place all ingredients in the food processor. Process until well ground.
- Pat into 7″ spring form pan.
- 2 cups pine nuts, soaked overnight, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup coconut butter (or coconut oil – the butter gives a richer, creamier texture)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (approximately 3 lemons)
- 1/2 cup agave nectar or liquid sweetener of choice
- 3 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon thyme
- 1/2 cup dried large flake unsweetened coconut
- Place pine nuts, coconut butter, lemon juice and agave in high-speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add the lemon zest and chopped fresh thyme, pulse once or twice to blend.
- Pour over crust. Top with flaked coconut, if desired, refrigerate until set.