Crunchy Raw Popcorn
Looking For a Fat Free Snack? Here Goes Then…….
You are about to be transported to sensory heaven with this terrific raw snack. This fantastic raw popcorn is fat-free and low sodium. It looks gorgeous, smells divine and tastes heavenly! What’s more, it’s also full of healing properties.
Crunchy, golden and delicious-cauliflower popcorn-gets its color from turmeric and a tangy sweet sour flavor profile by generously coating the cauliflower florets with a lovely marinade made by blending dates, sun-dried tomatoes, cayenne pepper and tahini.
Cauliflower and turmeric are high in antioxidants, have anti-inflammatory properties and are powerful detoxifiers. Cayenne pepper has a number of curative properties and is especially well-known as an anti-flu and cold agent and as an anti-irritant.
Enjoy ‘raw’ straight from the dehydrator or baked to crispy perfection in an oven-either way, snacking pleasure is guaranteed!
You’ve got to try out this crunchy healthy popcorn!
Makes: 2 cups
- 2 heads of cauliflower
Spicy Buffalo Sauce
- ¾ -1 cup dates
- ½ cup filtered water
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 – 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons raw tahini
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- Chop your cauliflower into tiny pieces, cutting the florets as small as possible to get the crunchiest and most flavorful popcorn!
- Place all ingredients for spicy buffalo sauce in a high speed blender and blend until mixture reaches a thick uniform consistency.
- Pour or spoon your spicy buffalo sauce into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Toss the florets into your spicy buffalo mixture and stir until every piece is well covered with the sauce.
- Place your spicy buffalo cauliflower florets onto your dehydrator trays.
- Optional: Sprinkle a little sea salt or favorite herbs over top of your cauliflower.
- Dehydrate at 115 F for 12 – 24 hours, until desired crunchiness. The longer you dehydrate the crunchier your cauliflower will get.
Soak sun-dried tomatoes in warm water at least one hour ahead of time.
If you are not using soft, fresh dates then soak your dates in warm water at least one hour ahead of time.
Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for a few days.
If you don’t own a dehydrator, bake on the lowest temperature (at 350F for 20-30 minutes).
Also check out: SUPER CRUNCHY, SUPER HEALTHY KALE CRACKERS
If you are looking for a dehydrator, we love this one:
or also a bigger (deluxe) version:
Excalibur 3900B 9 Tray Deluxe Dehydrator, Black
Available also in White
Special Thanks to Rawmanda for posting this. All pictures are from that post and may have been modified in size to fit the design of this website.