DIY Condensed Milk- Sugar ‘n Dairy Free!
The healthiest condensed milk ever……
Condensed milk is a baker’s delight. It makes amazing fudge , gooey caramel , delicious dulce de leche and the most magical macaroons. It also makes the most fabulous iced coffees and just a spoonful of condensed milk makes for a great sweet treat!
This fantastic recipe makes the best blender-made condensed milk substitute in minutes! This fresh, creamy, sweet and viscous goodness made from raw cashews, coconut butter and agave is ideal for vegans and a healthy refined sugar-free alternate to the store-bought canned and loaded version.
So continue to indulge that sweet tooth and delight your dear ones with guilt-free treats made with this healthy raw vegan condensed milk .
A spoonful goes a long way!
Makes: about 1½ cups
- ¾ cup raw cashews (pre-soak and strain if not using a vitamix)
- ½ cup agave (or maple syrup, brown rice syrup, coconut nectar, etc.)
- ¼ cup coconut manna (also known as coconut butter)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Make sure all ingredients are at room temp or slightly warmed before starting
- Blend everything in a blender (a Vitamix works best; otherwise just pause and scrape down the sides as needed). Adjust the sweetness to your liking (especially if using an alternative sweetener to agave). Enjoy! Store leftovers in a glass jar in the fridge and gently rewarm as needed.
If looking for a Blender, We Love This One:
Vitamix 5300 Blender, Black
There also a certified refurbished option (if you are on a budget):
Vitamix 5300 Blender (Certified Refurbished), Black
Special Thanks to Audrey and Unconventional Baker for posting this. All pictures are from that post and might have adapted to meet this site’s format.