Perfect Anytime Energy Bites
Raw and gluten-free snack
These tiny ‘pick-me-up’ balls of goodness make for a great pre or post workout snack. Energize yourself with these awesome protein-rich blueberry balls and enjoy a healthy, vegan and guilt-free treat!
This recipe uses minimal ingredients and is completely no-fuss. No soaking, no cutting or peeling! Simply blend nuts, dates and dried blueberries and you’re done! This easy recipe makes a batch that can be frozen, to be enjoyed as and when needed.
These energy balls make for a nutritious raw snack for kids too! If they are allergic to nuts, worry not. Just switch nuts with seeds of your choice. Your little ones are going to love them.
Enjoy These Powerballs as a Snack On the Go or as a Pre- or Post-Workout Snack
- 2 cups nuts (1 cup of cashews & 1 cup of almonds)
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup dried blueberries
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (or seeds of 1 vanilla bean)
- Zest of 1 lemon, juice of half a lemon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Add nuts to food processor. Process until nuts are pea-sized.
- Combine nuts with dates and dried blueberries and process until all ingredients have broken down and are a bit sticky.
- Add in lemon zest and juice and vanilla extract.
- Process until all ingredients come together to form 1 large sticky ball.
- Roll into small balls and store in fridge for up to 1 week or in the freezer.
>>> In case you are looking for a Food Processor, you might be interested in looking at this:
Cuisinart DLC-8S Pro Custom 11-Cup Food Processor, White DISCONTINUED BY MANUFACTURER
Special Thanks to The Healthy Maven, Davida Kugelmass, for this post and awesome work. All pictures are from that post.