Top 30 Decadent Desserts That Made Vegans So Happy In 2015
Some recipes are for the keeps, these certainly are!
As we bid goodbye to the year gone by, we wish to remind you of the top 30 vegan desserts that made our happy occasions in 2015 even more delectable and memorable.
These amazing vegan treats are proof that show-stopper desserts can be made from healthy nutritious ingredients that are easily available and affordable.
The new year will certainly bring with it new and improved recipes for us to enjoy on our vegan journey but these 30 gems are bound to travel with us in the times to come and far beyond.
Here’s to happier times in 2016! Ready? Here Goes….
RAW VEGAN TWIX BARS WITH BANANA DATE CARAMEL [GLUTEN-FREE]
SERVES 12 COOK TIME 30 MINUTES
- 1 cup Gluten Free Rolled Oats
- 1 small pinch of Sea Salt
- Seeds of ½ a Vanilla Pod
- 8 Medjool Dates, pits removed
- 3 tablespoons Water
Banana Date Caramel:
- 12 Medjool Dates, pits removed
- 1 small Banana
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Sugar
- Seeds of ½ a Vanilla Pod
- Small pinch of Salt
- 2 tablespoons Water
- 2 teaspoons Chia Seeds
- 7½ Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 5 Tablespoons Raw Cacao Powder
- 4 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- Small pinch of Sea Salt
- 5 oz Raw Dark Chocolate instead of the Chocolate Coating
- Line a 6 inch tin with non-stick baking paper and set aside.
- In a food processor, process Rolled Oats till you have oat flour. It doesn’t have to be perfectly ground but you don’t want huge chunks of oats left in.
- Add in salt, vanilla, and dates. Process until you have a clumpy mixture and the dates have been chopped up and evenly distributed with the oats. Add water in and process until the mixture resembles cookie dough.
- Press mixture onto the bottom of your lined tin and place in the freezer.
- In the same food processor, combine all the ingredients for your Banana Date Caramel. Process till smooth and then spread on your chilled biscuit base in an even layer, using a spatula to flatten any peaks or irregularities.
- Place tin in the freezer for at least 4 hours. The Banana Date Caramel will never freeze solid, but don’t worry.
- After freezing, turn your Twix slab onto a cutting board and cut into 12 even squares with a sharp knife. Place squares on a non-stick parchment lined baking tray and return to the freezer.
- Whilst bars are in the freezer, melt your raw dark chocolate, making sure to not exceed 118 degrees Fahrenheit. Alternatively, combine all chocolate coating ingredients and whisk till smooth if you’re going that route.
- When you are ready, remove bars from the freezer and individually dip them into your chocolate. Shake excess chocolate off and place back onto lined baking tray. Just before the chocolate sets, use a fork to create prong marks on top (purely visual). You don’t have to if you don’t want to.
- Repeat the process with your remaining bars and store bars in the freezer. Enjoy!
Special Thanks to One Green Planet and Amrita of Crazy Vegan Kitchen for posting this.
All pictures are from that post.
Click “NEXT” below to see the other desserts.