Simple, Skinny ’n Scrumptious Salad Dressing
A dressing that’s oil and dairy free, yet so creamy!
This stellar salad dressing recipe is awfully easy to make, coz all you’ve got to do is to get 7 ingredients into your blender, blend and all that’s left to do is to enjoy the fruits of your blender oops labor! This is a great recipe not only for raw, vegans but also for persons suffering from lactose-intolerance, diabetes and obesity. Hang on, weight-watchers, this salad dressing is great for you too!
Cashews blended with capers, lemon juice and mustard make this smooth silky dressing refreshing and tangy. Just a touch of this guilt-free dressing can liven up any salad and even any mood! This versatile dressing doubles up as a zesty dip or delicious spread.
Cashew nuts have lower fat content than most other nuts. They are one of the most heart-healthy nuts, as most of their fat content is monounsaturated. When consumed in moderation, monounsaturated fats actually help in reducing triglycerides, elevated levels of which, are known to trigger heart disease. So with this superb dressing, enjoy those salads sans guilt .
Just try it……it’s so worth it!
- ½ Cup Unsalted Cashews (If you don’t have a high speed blender, soak cashews overnight and drain before using)
- 2 Tablespoons of Nutritional Yeast
- 4 Tablespoons Lemon Juice (about 1 Lemon)
- 2 teaspoons Capers
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- ½ Cup Water (or if you used soaked cashews ¼ Cup + 1 Tablespoon Water)
Note: If you store this in the fridge it gets even thicker and you can use for veggie dip, on tacos, veggie burgers, sandwich spread, for fries.
- This is so simple. Ready? Chuck everything in the blender, then blend, blend, blend! Creamy delicious smoothness! It gets even thicker as it just hangs out waiting for you to use it. If you aren’t using right away, store in an airtight container in the fridge for about a week.
You’ll also love this: COLORFUL COOL CITRUS SALAD
Special Thanks to Sam and It Doesn’t Taste Like Chicken for her awesome work and for posting this. All pictures are from that post, and might appear different due to the allowable format of pictures on this site.