Terrific Turmeric Soup
A Tasty Raw Vegan Soup that’s Great for You – A Must-try!
Soups are high in fiber and make for a sustaining snack or nourishing start to any meal, especially if it is as healthy as this tasty turmeric coconut soup. This versatile vegan soup is quick and easy to make. Enjoy it raw or cooked, or use as a sauce in raw spaghetti or as a base for curries, just as you please.
Turmeric is well known for its curative properties, especially for its anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant benefits in traditional Indian and Chinese medicine and is a key ingredient in most Indian curries. Turmeric has a gorgeous golden yellow color and has a bitter peppery taste. This recipe uses coconut milk and avocado to perfectly balance its peppery flavor and mild bitter taste, to make this the most delectable, gorgeous creamy and zesty Turmeric soup ever!
This amazing recipe uses homemade coconut milk made from coconut flour that’s blended in minutes to make the a fresh, smooth, creamy and preservative-free alternative to a canned store-bought product. And what’s more, use a dehydrator or oven, to dry the coconut flour after extracting the milk and store to use later to add while baking or to thicken gravies and sauces.
Alfalfa sprouts add crunch and freshness to this power-packed soup. However, this versatile soup can incorporate your personal favorites, so feel free to give it a personal touch with fresh raw mung beans, a handful of cilantro, lemon, tofu to name a few.
Check Out this Simply Awesome Recipe – No More Waiting!
Ingredients for 2 people:
- 1 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- 4 cups of water
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
- 3 medium garlic cloves (or as you like)
- 1 – 2 tablespoon(s) of fresh ginger root
- 1 avocado
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 – 2 cup(s) of alfalfa sprouts
- First we make the coconut milk: Put the coconut flour and water into a blender. Process approx. 2 minutes.
- Line the strainer with either an opened nut bag or cheese cloth, and place over a bowl. Pour the coconut mixture into the strainer. Press all the coconut milk from the coconut meal. Squeeze and press with clean hands to extract as much coconut milk as possible.
- Put the coconut milk and all other ingredients into a blender (without alfalfa sprouts).
- Process until well combined.
- Pour the soup into the 2 bowls, add alfalfa sprouts on top.
Also Check Out:
If looking for a Blender, We Love This One:
Vitamix 5300 Blender, Black
There also a certified refurbished option (if you are on a budget):
Vitamix 5300 Blender (Certified Refurbished), Black
Special Thanks to Organic Talks and Stanka Vukelić their great work and posting this. All picturesa are from that post (Photo Credit to Stanka Vukelić