Wonderful Coconut Whipped Cream
Vegan, versatile and very easy…..just doesn’t get better than this, does it?
Coconut cream can be transformed into whipped cream in minutes! Ideal for frosting cupcakes, great on vegan pancakes and super to smother on raw vegan cakes. Pipe those pies or put a dollop on a cup of piping hot cocoa or simply enjoy as is on fresh juicy strawberries. Your options are endless!
This non-dairy creamy fluff of goodness can be personalized to suit your taste too. Great as it is, it can also be flavored with rosewater, cardamom, orange blossom water or whatever else you desire. Change its color by adding a drop or two of beet juice for a gorgeous pink or a few strands of saffron for a warm amber and so on to make light and colorful frostings. This plant-based whipped cream is any vegan bakers delight for sure.
It’s such a customizable whipped cream you can even add a sweetener of your choice like agave, stevia, honey or a few drops kirsch or any liqueur of your choice to enhance sweetness and flavors, you’re only limited by your creativity!
Check out this great vegan whipped cream now!
- 1 can (14 ounces) coconut milk, chilled
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- optional: other flavor extracts, ground spices (like cinnamon) or cocoa powder
- Chill the can of coconut milk at least overnight (better yet, 24 hours). The fatty coconut cream will separate from the water in coconut milk. It will accumulate at the top and harden.
- Open the can and scoop out only the hard coconut cream that should have settled on top
- Using a hand mixer, whip the coconut cream with maple syrup, vanilla extract and other optional flavors until fluffy.
Special Thanks to Ebay for posting this. All pictures are from that post.